Different Styles of Red & White Wine
With several types of white and red wine styles to choose from, it can be difficult to know where to start. We have created a
quick guide to help you understand a few of the different styles of wine we offer, as well as the food combinations that pair
well with them.
Red Wine Styles
- Merlot - For those of you who are trying red wine for the first time, an easy-to-drink red wine style like Merlot may
be where you want to start. This pairs exceptionally well with almost any type of food. It often has a combination of
black cherry, plum, and herbal flavors.
- Pinot Noir - This style is known as the go-to drink with any grilled salmon, chicken, lamb, and even sushi. The
overall structure of this style of wine is fresh and simply delicate. It often tastes very fruity, since a combination of
cherries, strawberries, and plums are commonly used to produce it.
- Cabernet Sauvignon - We can't forget to mention one of the most popular styles out there. This full-bodied wine
brings dark, fruity flavors that go best with red meats.
White Wine Styles
- Chardonnay - This is one of the most popular white wine styles around. A good Chardonnay should have a fruity
citrus flavor, along with tastes of melon, vanilla, creaminess, and more. This drink is ideally paired with fish or chicken
- Moscato - This is one wine that's actually best enjoyed without food. Moscato wines are very sweet and fruity.
- Sauvignon Blac - When you're having seafood, poultry, or even a salad, this style may be what you want. The
flavors in this particular style can be anything from sour green fruits to tropical fruits. It usually has a strong acid finish
Now you that you understand more about both red and white wines, we invite you to browse our selection of each and see
which ones catch your eye. Don't be afraid to try something new and expand your wine palate even further. If you have any
questions or would like some help, our team will happily assist you. Explore our inventory and order your wine online from